Your First Visit
Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation explaining your diagnosis and treatment options. At that time, we would be happy to send in a predetermination to your insurance for any treatment Dr. Laughlin recommends.
IMPORTANT: All patients under the age of 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the consultation visit
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Your completed, signed and dated Health History forms that were sent to you in your Welcome Brochure Packet after you scheduled your first appointment.
- Your referral slip-if given to you by your dentist.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- If you have medical or dental insurance, bring the necessary information. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
- X-rays. If your dentist has taken x-rays, you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. If additional x-rays are necessary, they can be taken at our office.
- We now have the latest 3D x-ray machine. It uses the least amount of radiation of all the 3D machines on the market.
- Certain patients who have had artificial joints placed, or artificial heart valves placed, need to take antibiotics in conjunction with their dental treatment, and this includes the examination at our office. Please do take your antibiotic premedication if you normally do so for dental treatment.
Dr. Laughlin is available Tuesday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and some Friday's 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. We will schedule your appointment as promptly as possible. If you have pain or an emergency situation, every attempt will be made to see you that day.
We try to stay on schedule to minimize waiting at the time of your appointment. Referral of emergency patients can cause delays to the schedule, and your understanding and patience are very much appreciated.
Some patients require antibiotics that need to be taken prior to dental appointments. These patients do need to take their antibiotics before their examination appointment.
If your referring dentist has taken x-rays, we will request that they be forwarded to us.
Please assist us at the time of your initial visit to the office by providing the following information:
- A list of medications you are currently taking
- If you have dental insurance, please bring any dental and health insurance cards with you to the appointment.
If you have a balance with us, we will send you a monthly statement. Most insurance companies will respond within three to four weeks. Please call our office if your statement does not reflect your insurance payment within that time frame. Any remaining balance after your insurance company has paid is your responsibility. Your prompt remittance is appreciated.
For your convenience we accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover. If you have any problems or questions, please ask our staff. They are well informed and up-to-date. They can be reached by phone at (920) 494 4940. Our office location is 204 Siegler Street, Green Bay, WI, 54303. Please call if you have any questions or concerns regarding your initial visit.
Our insurance coordinators deal with many different insurance companies. Some companies offer many different dental and medical plans. Some companies combine dental and medical coverage. This insurance alphabet soup changes policies and guidelines weekly. It is almost impossible for us to accurately estimate our patients’ insurance co-payment. However, most insurance companies will respond to a pre-determination request from us and we will do our best to obtain information on your insurance coverage prior to your treatment. As a courtesy, we ask that you keep us informed of any change to your insurance. It is important that all information about you and your insurance is current.
As a service to you, we will submit insurance pre-determinations and insurance claims to your insurance company for all procedures performed at our office.
Dr. Laughlin is now a participating dentist in the Delta Dental Premier and PPO Networks.